In response to the COVID-19 virus, patient safety is of our utmost concern. We realize that information is ever-changing and that you may have questions regarding infection control in our office. A top priority in our practice has always been infection control. We follow CDC (Centers for Disease Control), OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), and CDPH (California Department of Public Health) Guidelines. We also stay current with updates from the American Dental Association and the California Dental Association.
For the protection of all our patients and staff due the recent outbreak of coronavirus, we are requesting the following:
- If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your dental appointment. Some illness and symptoms include:
- a cold or the flu
- fever (temperature of 100.0 or higher) or nausea
- severe headaches or body aches
- muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
- vomiting or diarrhea
- active tuberculosis (TB)
- mumps, measles, chickenpox
- other contagious disease
- Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution.
What to Expect.pdf
If you are healthy, there’s no need to cancel your regularly scheduled dental appointment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information when warranted. Thank you for your patronage.